One of my patients brought in her beautiful miracle baby to my office. Thank you for letting me be a part of your incredible journey.
For many centuries, acupuncture and Chinese medicine have been used to treat infertility, and acupuncture works to improve fertility by restoring balance to the whole body. Recent scientific studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of acupuncture in improving pregnancy outcomes.
According to research conducted by the Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York, acupuncture treatment has the following potential fertility-boosting benefits:
- Increased blood flow to the uterus and therefore uterine wall thickness, an important marker for fertility
- Increased endorphin production, which, in turn, has been shown to effect the release of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), a decapeptide involved in regulating reproduction
- Lower stress hormones responsible for infertility
- Impact on plasma levels of the fertility hormones: follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), estradiol (E2), and Progesterone (P)
- Normalization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, a key process in fertility
- A positive effect for women with polycystic ovarian syndrome, a hormonal imbalance present in three percent of adolescents and adults.
Based on the findings of modern research, the use of acupuncture has been proven to be a safe and effective method to enhance fertility and improve the quality of life.
Our center has over 30 years of experience in treating infertility, and we have had numerous successful cases. Every treatment is customized based on the patient’s individual and unique experiences, and we will work together to achieve your dreams.